Whether your preference is to be in the downtown area or just outside of town, Victoria BC boasts some welcoming, budget-friendly accommodations.
Visit the Victoria Groupon page and you’ll find savings of 50-90% on Victoria attractions, tours, boat cruises, theatre tickets, dinner spots and accommodations.
More ideas: Cheap, Fun Things to Do in Victoria, BC
Bunk down at these affordable, discount accommodations and the city’s many downtown attractions will be within walking distance or a short cab ride.
– Embassy Inn Victoria: 81% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
If you’re prepared to spend around a $100 a night or just a little over, you’ll find a wider assortment of cheap Victoria hotels to choose from. Some suggestions, include:
– Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
– Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
– Quality Inn Downtown Victoria: 79% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
– Harbour Towers: 75% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
– Royal Scot Hotel & Suites: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
If the quaintness of a bed and breakfast is more of what you had in mind, here are a few budget-friendly places to stay:
– Marketa’s Bed and Breakfast. TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
– Oak Bay Guest House. TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
For more Victoria, BC B&B spots for you and your partner to escape too, check out bedandbreakfast.com.
Between May and August, while the students are home for the summer, affordable accommodations can also be found at the University of Victoria. Single or Twin room rates are available in a dormitory building with housekeeping, towel service and breakfast start at just over $50 a night. If you’re travelling with a group you can rent a 4-bedroom unit with a kitchen, living room, two bathrooms and a shower for just over $170 a night. There are also laundry facilities nearby, which is always nice when you’re on an extended trip.
For the traveller who is on a razor-thin budget, staying at a hostel is the cheap and cheerful way to go. Here are a couple of penny-pinching places to check out:
– Ocean Island Inn|Backpacker|Suites. 77% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
One great way to save on Victoria hotel accommodations is to peruse Groupon, the money-saving website that features local discounts in 150 cities. Visit the Victoria “Hotels” Groupon page and you’ll find savings of up to 50% on places to stay. The Groupon Victoria “Hotels” page is a smart place to start when you’re first planning your trip and even when you’re in the middle of your Victoria visit because new deals get added weekly and even daily many times.
…on cheap hotels, motels, bed and breakfast spots, hostels and places to stay in Victoria? Click on the link below to explore more affordable, budget-friendly accommodation options.
Be thrifty and practical! This information was accurate when published, but can change without notice. We recommend you confirm all details with the provider in question before planning your excursion.
Photo Credit: Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites