The mountains, the oceans, suspension bridges, awesome hikes—do it all in Vancouver and find affordable downtown accommodations at the same time.
Discounts on Things to Do in Vancouver? Check Groupon.
Visit the Vancouver Groupon page and you’ll find savings of 50-90% on attractions, activities, tours, boat cruises, theatre tickets, dinner spots and accommodations.
More ideas: Cheap Things to Do in Vancouver
Downtown Vancouver Hotels for under $100
Prefer to have a cheap place to stay in the downtown Vancouver area?
Keep in mind, Vancouver is an expensive city, so, realistically, the majority of cheap hotels and accommodations in downtown Vancouver are going to be between $105 and $150 a night.
But fear not…your friends at ThriftyTourist.ca have found a few budget-friendly hotels and hostels that you can stay at for less than $100.
– The Barclay Hotel, great location.
– The Kingston Hotel, 73% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
– HI Vancouver Downtown, clean and friendly.
– Samesun Backpacker Lodges, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner.
Downtown Vancouver Hotel options just over $100
If the above suggestions prove not to be to your liking (or some other penny-wise traveller has beaten you to the punch) and you still want to be in the downtown Vancouver area, you’ll have to bump up your budget and consider one of these reasonably-priced hotel choices:
– YMCA Hotel Vancouver, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
– Comfort Inn Downtown, 73% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
– Quality Hotel Vancouver, walk to anywhere downtown.
– Riviera Hotel, easy walk to downtown sites and restaurants.
– Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown, close to everything and affordable.
Budget-friendly Bed & Breakfast Options
Staying at a bed & breakfast place in downtown Vancouver more your style?
The cheapest rates you can expect to pay are in the $80 to $130 range.
Here are a few suggestions:
– Urban Hideaway Guesthouse, 79% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
– Maple Beach Bed & Breakfast, close to Granville Island.
– Granville House B&B, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner.
A cheaper hotel option–stay outside of Vancouver
If you’ve rented a vehicle or are comfortable taking public transit, there is another option for saving some bucks on your accommodations—stay outside of downtown Vancouver and Vancouver altogether.
The community of Richmond, B.C. is approximately 15 km from Vancouver.
Richmond is where the Vancouver International Airport is located, so like most airport areas you’ll find a wide variety of hotels here. Rates are definitely cheaper compared to downtown Vancouver. Prices range from around $95 to $120 a night.
Consider the Accent Inn – Vancouver Airport Hotel
One place that impressed this Thrifty Tourist scribe on a recent visit was the Accent Inn – Vancouver Airport Hotel, which has an 81% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
With our CAA discount the room, with two double beds, was a budget-friendly $104 for the night.
Overall the hotel had a lot of nice touches including clean rooms; a shampoo, conditioner and soap dispenser in the shower; an iron; and coin laundry facilities.
If you forget your toothbrush, toothpaste, razor or shaving cream at home they have a no-charge supply at the front desk.
Outside, the hotel was very well-kept with colourful hanging baskets everywhere.
Cheap breakfast options–MacDonalds, iHop and Denny’s–were all within walking distance.
The hotel also provides a complimentary airport shuttle which gets you to the terminal in 15 minutes or less. Last but not least, the hotel staff were very friendly.
If the Accent Inn is booked for the night, here are some other top-notch, thrifty accommodation options to consider:
– Days Inn Vancouver Airport, 82% Approval Rating on TripAdvisor.
– The Delta Vancouver Airport, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner.
– Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner.
– Hampton Inn by Hilton-Vancouver Airport, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner.
Don’t forget to Check Groupon for Downtown Vancouver Hotel Deals
One great way to save on downtown Vancouver hotel accommodations is to peruse Groupon, the money-saving website that features local discounts in 150 cities.
Visit the Vancouver “Hotels” Groupon page and you’ll find savings of up to 50% on places to stay.
The Groupon Vancouver “Hotels” page is a smart place to start when you’re first planning your trip and even when you’re in the middle of your Vancouver visit because new deals get added weekly and even daily many times.
Want to do a little more research…
…on cheap downtown hotels, motels, bed and breakfast spots, hostels and places to stay in Vancouver?
Click on the link below to explore more affordable, budget-friendly accommodation options.
Be thrifty and practical! This information was accurate when published, but can change without notice. We recommend you confirm all details with the provider in question before planning your excursion.
Photo Credit: Barclay Hotel