Looking for a unique, fun date night idea in Toronto for you and your special someone? Purchase two tickets for the next Friday Jazz Night at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.
What is Friday Jazz Night at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada?
The sight of deep-sea creatures gently gliding past you is already a soothing, relaxing experience at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.
Now just imagine what it’s like with…
…the lights turned down low…
…and the chillaxing sound of live, silky smooth jazz music playing in the background…
…while you sip and savour your favourite cocktail.
Welcome to Friday Jazz Night at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.
Affordable Hotels in the Heart of Toronto
Bond Place Hotel , close to Dundas Square.
Hotel Victoria Downtown, excellent location.
Super 8 Downtown Toronto, comfortable and value-packed.
Holiday Inn Express Toronto – Downtown, free hot breakfast bar.
When does this Toronto date night idea take place?
Friday Jazz Night is an event that occurs every second Friday of the month at the Aquarium from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Who is Ripley’s Aquarium Friday Jazz Night ideal for?
- Moms and dads who want a fun Toronto date night without the kids
- Couples looking for something different to do together
- Someone trying to impress a first date with an unexpected outing
- Friends wanting a unique night out in Toronto
- Jazz music aficionados
How to buy tickets for Friday Night Jazz at the Aquarium
Tickets for Friday Night Jazz at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada can be purchased at the door or online at the Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada website, however, it’s a popular event. To ensure you’re able to attend this unique date night out in Toronto it’s recommended that you purchase your tickets in advance.
How to get into Ripley’s Friday Night Jazz for FREE
One of the perks to being a Family Pass or Annual Pass holder to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is that admission to the monthly Friday Night Jazz events is free.
But is a Family Pass or Annual Pass to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada worth it?
If you’re a family of two adults and two kids, in just 2 visits you’ll be saving money on admission with a Family Pass membership to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.
If you’re an individual, in just 2.5 visits you’ll be saving money on admission with an Annual or Season Pass membership to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.
In addition, with a Family Pass or Annual membership you get free admission to other events at the Aquarium…
…plus your membership provides you with discounts on a variety of things allowing you to save even more money.
You can learn more about the advantages of a membership by reading our article “Is a Family or Annual Pass to Ripley’s Aquarium Canada worth it?”
But what if I’ve already purchased my ticket to Friday Jazz Night?
Want to upgrade your ticket to Friday Jazz Night to a Family or Annual Pass for Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada?
You can, but you will have to do it within the same day that you purchased your Friday Jazz Night ticket.
This will ensure that the cost of your Friday Jazz Night ticket will be applied to your Family or Annual membership purchase.
Who is the band at Friday Night Jazz at the Aquarium?
The music at Friday Night Jazz at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is provided by two Toronto area jazz bands, Lady Be Good and Hey Love, which have been performing jazz music since 2013 and 2017 respectively.
Comprised of full-time professional musicians, both bands are polished and tight. With hundreds of gigs under their belts, and rave reviews, these cats can play and sing.
The stage for the band is in the Discovery Centre area of the aquarium but no matter where you are in the aquarium you’ll be able to hear the music serenading you.
What to wear on your Toronto date to Friday Night Jazz
While there is no dress code for Friday Night Jazz at the Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada if you are planning to attend as a social outing or date night in Toronto wearing something other than your torn jeans and a t-shirt feels like the right move.
You may want to leave the heels at home though. Remember, you’ll be doing a lot of walking while you take in the exhibits at the Aquarium. Comfortable shoes would be a smart choice.
What you need to know about the bar at Friday Night Jazz
- Cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase with debit or credit cards only. No cash is accepted.
- If craft beer is your favourite cocktail, be sure to order the Aquarium’s very own Lagoon Lager.
- Last call for cocktails is at 10:15 PM.
Must-see exhibits at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada
- Check out the sea horses in the Living Coral exhibit. Look closely and you might even see some baby sea horses.
- Touch a sting ray at the Ray Bay gallery.
- Take in the swirl of mesmerizing colours at the Rainbow Reef exhibit, home to over 60 tropical fish species.
- Step onto the moving sidewalk at Dangerous Lagoon and look up and all around as you’re transported through a tunnel-shaped aquarium filled with sharks, rays, sea turtles, the goliath grouper and other amazing sea creatures.
A few tips for a Toronto date at Friday Night Jazz
- Friday Night Jazz involves strolling and standing but when you need a break a wicked spot to kick back is in a chair in front of the ever changing, back-lit jellyfish aquarium.
- If you have questions about any of the exhibits, Ripley’s staff are located throughout the aquarium to answer them.
- It takes between 1.5 to 2 hours to cruise through all exhibits in the aquarium, although I guarantee you’ll end up lingering at most of them.
- If you want to avoid children, plan your Toronto date at Friday Night Jazz to start around 8:00 PM as most families will have left by then.
- Friday Jazz Night is an all-ages event, so if you would like to bring children along, you can.
Whether you’re parents looking for an evening escape, a couple just getting to know one another or a group of friends wanting to go out and do something a little different, Friday Night Jazz at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is a fun, unique night out in Toronto that will truly fit the bill.
Photo Credit: Ripley's Aquarium of Canada