Everything you need to know…including how to save money
Looking for a cool and unique thing to do with your family while visiting the city? Include a sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada in Toronto as part of your itinerary.
Why is a sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium so cool?
A Family Sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is an amazing experience. Why? Because you’ll be sleeping in the Dangerous Lagoon Tunnel. That’s right, as you’re lying on your air mattress you won’t be staring up at the ceiling. You’ll be staring up at sharks, sea turtles, eels, angelfish and other aquatic creatures swimming overhead!
When do they occur?
Family Sleepovers at Ripley’s Aquarium are available to book throughout the year. You can see if there’s one taking place when you and your family are going to be in town. Just check out the sleepover schedule on the Ripley’s Aquarium website.
Is there an age limit for a sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium in Toronto?
Yes. Only children between the ages of 5 to 18 can participate in a Family Sleepover at the Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada in Toronto. All guests must be accompanied by an adult (aged 19+). And the minimum supervision ratio is 1 adult to 8 children.
What if you’re travelling in a group?
If you’re visiting Toronto as part of a group, it’s possible to have a sleepover at the Aquarium. For example, Ripley’s offers sleepover packages for Girl Guides, Scouts and School Groups. A minimum of 40 people is required to a maximum of 60.
Have questions about hosting a group sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada? Contact the Aquarium at: email@example.com.
What’s a Family Sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium in Toronto like?
From the moment you arrive, between 7:30-8:00 PM, the fun begins at a family sleepover at the Aquarium.
First, you drop off your air mattress and overnight bags at the holding room. Then you and your kids are free to roam the facilities and check out the Aquarium’s displays.
- 8:15 you get to do a hands-on activity, led by one of the Aquarium’s educators.
- 9:00 Aquarium personnel take you on a behind-the-scenes tour. That’s followed by free time to explore the displays a little more.
- 10:15 everyone get’s an evening snack (your choice of fruits, veggies, crackers, yogurt, cookies, milk, juice or water) while being briefed on safety protocols.
- 10:45 you gather up your belongings, change into your pajamas and set up your air mattress in the Dangerous Lagoon Tunnel.
- 11:15 to help everyone wind down and settle in for a relaxing night’s sleep there’s a bedtime story.
- 11:30 it’s lights out.
What happens in the morning?
The morning after your Family Sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium starts bright and early–7:00 AM. That’s when breakfast is served in the Ripley’s Café.
Here you’ll get to chow down on waffles, whip cream, fresh fruit and bagels. Need a coffee in the morning, no worries. It’s part of your breakfast too.
Afterwards you and your family can wander and explore the Aquarium some more until 9:00 AM. After that the Aquarium opens for daytime guests, and it’s time for you to head out.
A few things to know before your Family Sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada
- The maximum size your sleeping pad or air mattress can be is a double.
- Some lights in the Aquarium stay on throughout the night for safety reasons. So, if you need total darkness to fall asleep, bring a sleeping mask.
- So you’re not walking around the Aquarium in bare feet bring slippers or indoor footwear.
- There are only so many electrical outlets in the Dangerous Lagoon Tunnel. To guarantee your cell phone is fully charged in the morning, bring a battery pack.
Booking your Sleepover
A Family Sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada is a very popular thing to do in Toronto. They usually sell out quickly. Ensure you and your family get to experience it. Book your tickets well in advance of your trip to the city.
How much does it cost?
The cost for one person to sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada in Toronto is $110 + HST. If you’re a family of four, the cost would be $440 + HST.
How to save money on your Family Sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium
If you have a Annual or Family Pass to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, you will receive 20% off a ticket to a sleepover at the Aquarium. Here’s how much money you would save:
- Cost of sleepover for one person is $110 – 20% = $88 + HST.
- Cost of sleepover for a family of four is $440 – 20% = $352 + HST.
Getting a Family Pass membership is only logical if you and your family will be coming back to visit the Aquarium a few more times during the year.
Here’s the quick math. If you’re a family of two adults and two kids (aged 3-5), in just 2 visits you’ll be saving money on admission with a Family Pass membership.
Plus, you can save on other Ripley’s Aquarium offers, activities and programs too, including:
- 20% off Summer Camps at the Aquarium
- 20% off Stingray Experiences at the Aquarium
- 10% off Birthday Parties at the Aquarium
These are just a few of the additional savings you get with a Family Pass membership.
If you want to get the scoop on all the benefits associated with it, take a few minutes to read our post titled, “Is a Family or Annual Pass to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada worth it?”
Enjoy your Family Sleepover at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada in Toronto!
Photo Credit: Ripley's Aquarium of Canada